Since moving to Melbourne in early 2011 I’ve started running more and eating healthy. Whenever I return home to Hobart my mum (like all mums) goes slightly overboard preparing a variety of baked goods which I feel is more a secret tactic to make me put on weight. So much so that when she came to visit last weekend, she brought two lunch boxes full of baked goods. One of the delicious things she bakes is this super easy rocky road recipe.
Today Rani and I took time off work as I picked up my new bike to commute to work on (much to my mum’s worry) and spent time photographing more baked goods for the Art of Baking. Between all of this we sat and enjoyed some home-made coffee and ate rocky road that I prepared the night before. Slightly nervous, I didn’t know whether Rani would approve or not but fortunately she was in love. The easy rocky road recipe was a winner and because of this, I had to share with you all.
- 2½ blocks of Cadbury's chocolate
- 1 packet of pink and white marshmallows
- 1 packet of mixed glace cherries
- 1 small packet of crushed nuts
- Place chocolate into a bowl and place over stove top with boiling water. Allow 15 minutes for this to melt or become soft.
- Chop up marshmallows and cherries whilst this is melting.
- Once melted, take bowl off stove top and combine all ingredients.
- Pour into small/medium container and press down to ensure it firmly fits the container.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
Sooo delicious! Thank you for this recipe!